The night before:
Slice up French bread making a slice midway in the bread to create an envelope for the cheese
-4 oz of brie sliced and put into the pocket of bread
Place in a Pyrex baking pan and pour over the bread:
1 Cup milk
1 Tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
Let the bread soak up the liquid for 10 minutes and then turn it over
Soak overnight in the fridge
In the morning:
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Place soaked sliced on a greased cookie sheet. Place in the over for 8 minutes. Remove and turn slices over. Bake for another 7 minutes.
Pear Ginger Sauce:
-Tablespoons brown sugar
-½ lemon zest and juice
- 3-4 nuggets candied ginger, slivered
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced (use slightly firm pears)
1. Melt butter in skillet.
2. Add brown sugar, lemon zest and juice, and silvered candied ginger
3. Add the peeled, cored and sliced pears to the skillet
4. Saute gently until the pears are soft but not mushy
Put the pears on top of the French toast and add the lovely syrup on top